Jerry Dunbar, Robert Tennie and Freddie Baker join host Jeremy Kellett, director of recruiting at Oakley Trucking, to discuss the state of truck driving in 2020. The roundtable guests have more than 110 years of driving experience combined. The three owner-operators represent different segments of Oakley. Jerry comes from the hopper division, Robert from the end-dump division, and Freddie from the pneumatic division.
Highlights from part one of the roundtable:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: Filing your 2290 (1:22)
- Introducing the panelists (2:48)
- Jerry’s experience with his own authority, dispatching and billing (8:48)
- Freddie’s background dealing with flatbeds, reefers and slow seasons (11:05)
- Robert transporting dirt for Major League Baseball (15:20)
- Hauling can be a prediction of how well the economy is doing (16:50)
- What got you into driving? (23:40)
- Discussing making money as an owner-operator, mileage pay, percentage pay, and bonus plans (25:55)
- How Oakley’s policies benefit the customers (34:45)
- Time at home (42:00)
Thank you Jerry, Robert and Freddie for joining us on the show. Check back next week for part two of our roundtable discussion.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com