This week, we have a bonus episode of the Oakley Podcast as we go into the archives back to re-air episode 43. Host Jeremy Kellett is joined by Oakley recruiter Dustin Eagle to discuss the process of becoming an owner-operator with Oakley. Together they identify mistakes that people have made in the past and point out the best steps to take to succeed as an Oakley owner-operator.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: pre-trip inspections (1:44)
- Financing for your truck and figuring out a down payment (5:02)
- Picking the right truck for the job (14:10)
- Selecting a good dealership to work with (17:41)
- Don’t spend your last dollar on a truck (27:22)
- Have a good business plan (34:00)
- What makes Oakley a good company for a first-time owner-operator (37:22)
Thank you Dustin for taking us through the five steps that every first-time owner-operator needs to think about.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com