On this week’s episode of the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett discusses what it takes to get the best drivers around. He is joined by Aaron Mowery and Kyle Jernigan from Randall-Reilly, an advertising firm from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, that provides data-driven solutions for sales and marketing in construction, trucking, and more. Aaron works as the VP of Strategic Accounts and Kyle Jernigan is a Digital Marketing Strategist, and together they have more than 30 years of experience helping organizations recruit truck drivers.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Oakley Update: freight surcharge, holiday planning, owner-operator recognition (3:59)
- Introducing Aaron and Kyle (8:02)
- Finding out what makes drivers happy and what they want improved (14:01)
- A data-driven approach to finding potential recruits (16:00)
- How recruiting drivers has changed in the Internet Age (21:12)
- Balancing the number of recruiting materials that potential truck drivers are exposed to (23:50)
- Companies are very serious about trying to recruit right now (27:34)
- Interactions on Facebook pages, phone calls, YouTube, and more (34:27)
Thank you Aaron and Kyle for joining the show to explain the ins and outs of getting the best owner-operators on our team.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com