This week’s episode of the Oakley Podcast is the second episode exploring life on the road with owner-operators from a dispatcher’s point of view. Host Jeremy Kellett is joined by dispatchers William Lewis and Sawyer Floyd to discuss their week in the truck. Owner-operator Bobby Taylor stopped by the show as well to tell of his experience driving Sawyer around.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Oakley Update: $150 bonus for referring a lead, owner-operator shout-out (4:08)
- Sawyer’s background (7:44)
- Bobby’s history with Oakley (9:36)
- William’s background (10:45)
- Working in the Oakley shop (11:30)
- First impressions when finding out they’d be spending a week on the road (13:28)
- Sawyer’s journey with Bobby through the Midwest (14:04)
- Experiencing traffic from the passenger’s seat (19:41)
- William’s trip and learning to sleep in the truck (22:07)
- How the experience on the road changes the way the dispatchers handle their jobs (34:20)
Thank you William and Sawyer for being part of this experience to share your perspective on life on the road.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com