This week on the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett dives into the overlap of trucking and insurance with Trent Tillman, executive vice president of the transportation division at TrueNorth in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Insurance can be complicated to deal with, but Trent offers tips for how to avoid the frustrations.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Oakley Update: help during tough times (3:27)
- Trent’s background in transportation (6:51)
- The role insurance plays on a daily business in the trucking business (10:21)
- Reacting to attorneys who target the trucking industry (12:55)
- Policies available to Oakley owner-operators (17:02)
- Most common claims dealt with (21:33)
- Voluntary medical insurance and more through TrueNorth (24:45)
- Tips for filing a claim (27:41)
- Updating the physical damage value of your truck (33:23)
- Oakley’s unique fleet (38:46)
Thank you Trent for stopping by and joining the show to help answer questions about insurance.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com.