On this week’s episode of the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett sits down with dispatchers Alex Kin and Hunter Horton. Alex and Hunter spent the week on a ride-along with an Oakley owner-operator and are back to recount their time on the road.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Oakley Update: speeding; Oakley owner-operator acknowledgment (2:37)
- Introducing Alex and Hunter (8:15)
- Connecting with a driver (10:44)
- Alex’s early start on the first day on the road (12:24)
- Total miles covered (15:25)
- Overall impressions from the trip (19:48)
- Hunter’s trip took him to a Great Lake for the first time (21:24)
- Handling red lights at weigh stations (27:03)
- Dealing with four-wheel drivers in various cities (31:07)
- Eating good on the road (34:22)
Thank you Alex and Hunter for being part of this experience to provide a new perspective on life on the road.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com.