This week on the Oakley Podcast, guest hosts Corey Huey and Dustin Eagle talk with Alisha Leard, an owner-operator with Oakley in the pneumatic division, about the current state of the trucking industry for female owner-operators.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Oakley Update: automatic transmissions, swapping divisions, owner-operator shoutout (1:48)
- Introduction to Alisha and her background in trucking (5:50)
- Recognizing the female owner-operators at Oakley (10:37)
- Feeling safe on the road (11:50)
- Encouraging women to take the next step to become a truck driver (14:07)
- Interesting places Alisha has visited on the road (19:28)
- Typical day on the road (20:10)
- How Alisha found out about working at Oakley (23:26)
Thank you Alisha for joining the show to describe your experience as an owner-operator with Oakley.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com