This week on the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett talks with Shannon Newton, president of the Arkansas Trucking Association. Together they discuss the state of the trucking industry today.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Oakley update and driver profile segment (1:37)
- Introduction to Shannon and her background (5:37)
- Shannon transitioned from studying accounting to being with the Arkansas Trucking Association for the past 18 years (7:42)
- Introducing commercial truck driving into schools (11:06)
- Dealing with a shortage of drivers (14:38)
- Trends in carrier consolidation and contraction (18:53)
- Not having a spot for 18-21-year-old drivers because of interstate restrictions (21:12)
- I-40 Bridge re-opening (25:17)
- Sharing some good news (31:09)
- Truck driving championship and final thoughts (36:07)
Thank you Shannon for coming on the show to provide your perspective on important topics in the industry today.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com