This week on the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett catches up with Ted Jansen who has been pulling an end dump for years. Ted, who used to serve aboard a US Navy submarine, feels right at home behind the wheel as an owner-operator for Oakley. Jeremy and Ted discuss how to find success while driving with Oakley.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Driver profile segment (2:30)
- Introducing Ted (4:20)
- Looking for the perfect truck (7:47)
- The importance of the load (13:14)
- Interacting with customers (15:59)
- Asking questions about safety (19:34)
- Learning about the industry (23:23)
- Advice about taxes, planning for retirement, finding a hobby (28:18)
Thank you Ted for coming on the show to highlight your experiences and for offering important advice for current and future Oakley drivers.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com.