On this special episode of the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett visits with Jeff and Lorita Bledsoe about Jeff’s 96-day stay in the hospital with Covid and his tough road to recovery. Jeff, a hopper-bottom owner-operator with Oakley, continues to recognize blessings in his life despite the incredible trial he went through.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Driver profile segment (2:30)
- Introducing Jeff and Lorita (4:59)
- Jeff’s fever kept climbing and led to seizures and required him to be put on a ventilator (8:37)
- Trusting God to take care of them and how so many people reached out to meet their needs (16:29)
- When Jeff finally came to, he experienced serious problems with his lungs (19:22)
- The best and worst day was all in the same day for Jeff (26:01)
- Having to learn to rely on someone else when you’re used to doing whatever you wanted to (34:35)
- After all his treatments, Jeff had no good bacteria left to fight infection and got sick again (39:30)
- Making a full comeback (44:10)
- Jeff is currently having someone drive his truck until he’s completely recovered (48:05)
- Jeff’s chances to preach after getting out of the hospital (51:15)
- The importance of Lorita being there for Jeff (1:00:51)
Thank you Jeff and Lorita for sharing the story of this difficult ordeal and your family’s road to recovery.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com