On this week’s edition of The Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett sits down with Mike Matousek and Lewie Pugh, the manager of government affairs and executive vice president, respectively, of OOIDA (Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association). OOIDA provides a voice, representation, education, information, benefits and savings for truck drivers. Together they discuss the ramifications that the PRO Act has for drivers.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: monthly maintenance reports (1:54)
- Background on OOIDA and how it works for drivers (5:26)
- What the PRO Act could do to the owner-operator (13:11)
- Will the PRO Act become law? (28:24)
- The next steps for drivers if the PRO Act passes (30:04)
- How to join OOIDA (40:37)
Thank you, Mike and Lewie for joining us for this week’s podcast to help explain this legislation.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com