In this week’s episode of The Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett hangs out with Scott Cowden, operations manager, to compare different divisions at Oakley: hopper bottom, end-dump, and pneumatic. They highlight details from each division to help drivers consider which division might be the best fit for them.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: make extra money with driver referrals (1:38)
- Hopper division concentrates in the south and has the lowest expenses and stresses (4:57)
- End-dump gets more pay per mile, requires being able to clean out the trailer (14:13)
- Pneumatic division pays the most but can be expensive to get started and a passport is required for going to Canada (25:19)
- Specifics on vacuum pneumatic (33:00)
Thank you Scott for coming on the show. If you are an owner-operator with Oakley thinking about swapping divisions, you can change jobs and never have to worry about losing seniority or annual bonuses. Please contact us if you are interested in making a change today.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com