On this week’s episode of The Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett sits down with Lieutenant Doug Lafferty of the Arkansas Highway Police to find out what he looks for when dealing with truck drivers as they come across the scale, avoiding CSA violations, and staying safe on the road.
Key topics in today’s conversation include:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: dashcams play an important role (1:45)
- Introduction to Lieutenant Lafferty (3:03)
- Difference between a DOT officer and a state trooper (5:47)
- A typical day for a DOT officer (9:58)
- Things a DOT officer looks for when deciding to do an inspection (12:33)
- Post-crash investigations and non-commercial involvements in accidents (19:41)
- New rules dealing with the 14-hour clock (24:51)
- Talking tickets and warnings (29:45)
- Advice on being safer on the road (34:56)
Thank you Lieutenant Lafferty for joining us on the show and for keeping our highways safe.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com