On this week’s episode of the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett sits down with Peyton Clark and Alex Kin, dispatchers from the end-dump division. With 80 drivers between them, Peyton and Alex help make sure their owner-operators are taken care of, getting miles, and getting to spend time at home.
Key points in the conversation:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: Submit photos for the Oakley calendar (1:10)
- Meeting Peyton Clark (2:49)
- Getting to know Alex Kin (6:33)
- Day-to-day role of a dispatcher (11:44)
- A message to recruits about working at Oakley (15:02)
- Driving to Canada (19:50)
- Places to recruit from (26:56)
- Retaining drivers (31:41)
- Positive feedback about owner-operators (37:08)
Thank you Peyton and Alex for all of the work that you’ve done as dispatchers to support our owner-operators.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com