On this week’s episode of the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett sits down with Kell Shenep and Austin Allen, dispatchers from the end-dump division. Kell and Austin are responsible for nearly 100 owner-operators and they share their behind the scenes stories of dispatching.
Key points in the conversation:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: Staying healthy mentally and physically (1:22)
- Austin’s background with Oakley (3:01)
- Kell’s background with the company (7:54)
- Their day-to-day work dispatching for nearly 100 combined owner-operators (12:42)
- Juggling time for talking with all of their drivers (19:05)
- Pre-planning and adjusting to changes in plans (24:30)
- Tracking drivers’ miles and making trips worth the drivers’ time (28:13)
- Bragging about their owner-operators (33:50)
Thank you, Kell and Austin for all of the work that you’ve done in the office to support our owner-operators.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com