In this episode of the Oakley Podcast, host Jeremy Kellett is joined by Oakley safety manager Randy Rymel to discuss avoiding distractions on the road. With 71 percent of truck accidents happening as a result of distracted driving, it’s important to make a plan to keep your head in the game while on the road.
Highlights from the episode include:
- Need to Know with Vickie Chastain: Planning ahead to save money on the road (1:46)
- Talking about distractions with Randy (3:12)
- How home life and mental distractions can take your focus off the road (10:03)
- We’re not as good at multitasking as we think we are (15:25)
- Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them (26:45)
- Congratulating drivers with a million miles without an accident (32:18)
- Practical tips for staying focused (33:30)
Thank you Randy for discussing the importance of avoiding distractions and staying safe on the road. Keep your eyes on the road, keep your hands on the wheel, and keep your head in the game.
Oakley Trucking is a family-owned and operated trucking company headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. For more information, check out our show website: podcast.bruceoakley.com